Chassis layout - OOP?

2nd harmonics for the masses

Postby Ty_Bower » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Maybe I'm just being too picky. If I punch the chassis hole a little bigger than the socket, it doesn't matter a whit. I can also bolt the board to the chassis before I solder the socket down, and wiggle it a little until it lines up perfectly. I was curious when I plopped the board down on my drawing, and most everything lined up perfectly except the bottom socket hole. As I said, it isn't off by much.

I haven't looked at the fpd file, as I haven't installed their software kit.
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby Ty_Bower » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 am

TomMcNally wrote:Did you bring up the top plate designs we used in
Front Panel Designer? That might be helpful.

I installed the Front Panel Designer software this morning. It looks like the coordinates for the centers of the circles will come out perfect. I'm going to go with these instead of the numbers I got out of the .dxf files.

"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Previous

Return to get*set*go