Help with wiring needed!

2nd harmonics for the masses

Help with wiring needed!

Postby whaam68 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:44 am

I have almost finished my Get Set Go build & have a couple of questions re the wiring... First of I'm a definate Noob & this is only my 2nd amp build... the fist was built some time ago
The circuit diag shows 2&3 at Connector block J6 going to earth but on other build photos I have seen the Power TX 2ndry Centre tap (red & yellow wire) connected up to one of these. What should go to 2&3 at J6 & if the 2ndry tap doesn't go there should I just tape it up?
Secondly on the first amp I built I used a dpdt on/off switch...I don't have one to hand but do have a basic SP switch kicking about...what's the recommended hookup to the power tx primary & fuse to a 3 pin earth IEC connector (50hz/240v)... I want to clarify as I've read put the fuse on the Live side & seen different layouts.
I'll post some pics when I've done.
Thanks
Mike
whaam68

Postby mesherm » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:29 am

If you have a power trafo secondary with a center tap it should be connected to J6 2 or 3. The two secondary hot leads should go to J6 1 and 4. The other J6 unused 2 or 3 can be connected to the powerline safety ground.
The live side of the IEC should go through the fuse, then through the switch to one lead of the power trafo primary. The other trafo primary lead will go to the neutral side of the IEC. Many IECs have the fuse built in and prewired with one end to the live side.
Mike's N-1 Rule: When looking for N number of components to finish a job, you have a 95% chance of only finding N-1 of them.
mesherm
KT88

Postby whaam68 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:04 am

That's what I thought.
Much obliged!
whaam68

Return to get*set*go