Parts for a Hickok 539c

arcane secrets and handshakes revealed!

Parts for a Hickok 539c

Postby zebrostripe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:02 pm

I've recently acquired a 539C tube tester taht seems to work ok. It is missing a couple of the selector knobs and the plastic that covers the main meter is cracked. Anybody know if/where there are parts for these things to be found? I've found a couple restoration services, but I'd just like to get parts for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
zebrostripe

Postby battradio » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:03 am

Your best bet for the knobs would be to by a nonfunctional hickok signal generator off of ebay that uses the same knobs . The meter housing will be sheer luck and a lot of hunting to find one , what size is the meter , i have acouple of meter housings from hickoks that may be in beter conditiom than your but far from perfect .
Mark
battradio
KT88

Postby zebrostripe » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Good tip! Thanks! I'm not sure the size of the meter... I'll take a picture and measure it tomorrow. I kinda figured it'd be a bit of a search for this stuff. Thanks again!
zebrostripe

Postby zebrostripe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:38 pm

I managed to find a signal generator on ebay like you suggested, so now I've got matching knobs. T

The meter measures 4.5x4 inches and its the newer style plastic snap-on cover as opposed to the glass+bakelite bezel. If you happen to have a plastic cover that would fit, let me know what you'd like for it and perhaps we can make a trade.

Thanks.

http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m632/zebrostripe/Hickok%20539c/
zebrostripe

Return to test & measurement