Boonton 1120 & 1121 Service and Operation Manuals (PDF)

arcane secrets and handshakes revealed!

Boonton 1120 & 1121 Service and Operation Manuals (PDF)

Postby Shannon Parks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:17 am

http://www.diytube.com/1120.pdf
or
http://www.diytube.com/1121.pdf

These will be located here permanently. I had server constraints before, but that is no longer a problem. Enjoy!
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby EWBrown » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Excellent!!!!!

thanks, Shannon.

More space = mo' bettah' ;-)

/ed B
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby Shannon Parks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 am

A year or two ago, they cried about upping my 200 meg limit since I was on an old Unix account, but they finally changed everything over to like 3 gigs very recently. We have lots more room in the sandbox now. :)

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Re: Boonton 1120 & 1121 Service and Operation Manuals (PDF)

Postby VACUUMLAB » Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi All.
I'm new here, i decided to subscribe here because i need help for a Boonton 1120.
A person lent me an 1120 for few days in order to test his functionality and understand if it's the right machine for my private DIYers purpose.
I'm not really in use with digital programmable instruments, for instance at work i use a Sound Technology 1700b, so my question if someone is as gentle to help is:
How can i quickly program an output signal of 1000Hz 1V and display the THD of an amp and the figure of the distortion on an oscilloscope using the rear Monitor output?
Must i use the high or low input or output for an unbalanced test? Grounded or float?
Done this due to his price for me the instrument will be ok and i will enjoy all his functions and connections to a PC in the next 20 years! ;-)
Thanks to all those who will be so kind to help me.
All the best.

Andrea
VACUUMLAB

Re: Boonton 1120 & 1121 Service and Operation Manuals (PDF)

Postby Shannon Parks » Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 am

VACUUMLAB wrote:How can i quickly program an output signal of 1000Hz 1V and display the THD of an amp and the figure of the distortion on an oscilloscope using the rear Monitor output?

You can do simple tests like this with the front control buttons - no code needed for quick tests (unlike the Audio Precision analyzers). Just use an unbalanced connection with BNC-to-RCA connector on the input to the amp (from Boonton output). Connect an 8 ohm load on the output of the amp. Then use a BNC-to-aligators or scope probe set to 1x from the Boonton Input to across the load. Press FREQ, 1, kHz and LEVEL, 1,V. Easy as that. Don't mess with the FLOAT buttons. Then press LEVEL or DIST on the left hand side for output in volts RMS or THD+N. I'd probably start by adjusting the source output to where the amp is outputing 2.828V (1W with 8 ohm load).

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to test & measurement