* Double silk screen for easy assembly
* Drop in for Dynaco Mark 2, 3 and 4 monoblocks
* Perfect for new designs too!

$49/pair plus $3.85 priority shipping.

Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Pair of boards

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:39 am

Here's a pair of stuffed boards on a MKIII bottom plate. Those with keen eyes may notice that one socket is rotated 180 degrees differently. That's the magic of the 10-pin socket! I cut the trace where the 'X' marks the spot on V1 and then rotate the socket 180 degrees, so that the real pin 5 ends up in the 'ALT' pcb hole. Now the other triode of the 12AX7 is being used. Done in pairs, you can swap the 12AX7's at intervals and get long life from those Telefunkens. ;)

Shannon

Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby EWBrown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:16 am

Cool!

As Tom McTaggart, a good friend and great Tennesseean , used to say,
that's sexier than socks on a rooster Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_04

I had wondered about the ten-holer VA socket location, from the original pics of the board. I figured that there was more athan just a simple though-hole.

(that's an old nickname from wa-a-a-a-y back)
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby RickB » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 am

Wow, once again, good looking boards, Shannon...

I don't know if you remember me or not, but I am the guy that traded you that rusty HF-89 for some of the ST-35 and Eiclone boards....haven't posted here in quite a while but I do read almost all the posts on all the new boards, mods, etc...looks like you're keeping up the good work!

Now, if one were to start from scratch, which do you think would sound better, the Poseidon or the Eiclone monoblocks?

I still haven't done anything with the boards I got from you, my business has been terrible and disposable income is hard to find, I have just recently cut my overhead greatly so perhaps one day soon I'll get a chance to get to work on them!!! That and I gotta lot of Ham gear to sell on ebay.....that always helps pay the bills! As long as I have the boards and parts lists then I don't ever have to worry about having any projects to do!

Good Job!

Rick
RickB

Return to poseidon