Why are all of Shannon Parks boards discontinued?

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

Why are all of Shannon Parks boards discontinued?

Postby jukingeo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Hello All,

Pretty much the subject says it all. I been on hiatus from my tube amp projects for a while and I been wanting to get back into it after settling in a new location. I come back here wanting to order some of Shannon Park's boards to find they are all discontinued. So forgive me if I am prying, but I am curious to know why?

Geo
Exit Light, Enter Night, Take My Hand...We're off to Never Never Land.
jukingeo

Re: Why are all of Shannon Parks boards discontinued?

Postby Thermion » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Geo,

Shannon started his own audio company called "Parks Audio" about 6 or 7 years ago. For a while he did both Parks Audio and diytube, but is now devoting all of his time to Parks Audio.

With Parks Audio he built upon the success of the diytube budgie phono preamplfier. He was producing both all tube and hybrid tube Budgie phono preamplifiers as well as step up transformers. These were not kits or diy but fully assembled and tested units. Now his current phono preamp offering is called the Puffin and is a real game changer. Unbelievable sound quality as well as an amazing array of features geared toward vinyl enthusiasts. The Parks Audio products are high quality at affordable prices. They also get rave reviews and Shannon has built a loyal following. So it's bad news for the diy'ers, but good for the audio industry in general and good for Shannon too.

The diy pcb landscape has changed as you are becoming aware. Don't get discouraged. There are still some vendors selling pcbs and kits though and there still seems to be quite a lot of interest for it.

Jonathan
Thermion

Re: Why are all of Shannon Parks boards discontinued?

Postby jukingeo » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:28 pm

Thermion wrote:Geo,

Shannon started his own audio company called "Parks Audio" about 6 or 7 years ago. For a while he did both Parks Audio and diytube, but is now devoting all of his time to Parks Audio.

With Parks Audio he built upon the success of the diytube budgie phono preamplfier. He was producing both all tube and hybrid tube Budgie phono preamplifiers as well as step up transformers. These were not kits or diy but fully assembled and tested units. Now his current phono preamp offering is called the Puffin and is a real game changer. Unbelievable sound quality as well as an amazing array of features geared toward vinyl enthusiasts. The Parks Audio products are high quality at affordable prices. They also get rave reviews and Shannon has built a loyal following. So it's bad news for the diy'ers, but good for the audio industry in general and good for Shannon too.

The diy pcb landscape has changed as you are becoming aware. Don't get discouraged. There are still some vendors selling pcbs and kits though and there still seems to be quite a lot of interest for it.

Jonathan

Thank you for the info. I received your private message in regards to this and a couple other posts I put up here the past few days. Yeah, I had this site saved as a go-to for getting nice project PCB's and now they are not available any more. So it looks like going back to point to point turret boards after I am done with the Clementine board I have.

Geo
Exit Light, Enter Night, Take My Hand...We're off to Never Never Land.
jukingeo

Return to poseidon