Mark III Poseidon Advice.

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

Mark III Poseidon Advice.

Postby Harpy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi All,
I rebuilt my MK III's pretty much by the Dyanaco Manual. I kept everything pretty much stock with the exception of replacing the quad cap with a STS board and a Dynakit Dual Bias upgrade. My knowledge of circuits is very limited and I built stock mainly to see if the the voltages were right and get a general base line and run them them a bit to make sure there were no problems before they were modded. I have run them for about a year now and have no issues. There is no hums and they run cool. The schematic makes sense, but I didn't know if I could keep my dual bias circuit and if the STS board would play well with the mod. Here is what I have so far:

Harpy

Re: Mark III Poseidon Advice.

Postby Shannon Parks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:01 am

SDS power supply and Poseidon pairing works fine. I'm unfamiliar with the bias upgrade. Is this it?
http://www.dynakitparts.com/Bias-Balanc ... pgrade-Kit

Do you have a link to the manual or schematic?

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby Harpy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:10 pm

I just looked at the one from Triode and it seems pretty clear. Probably just undo the Dynakit dual bias. Think I may get a set. The STS board voltages are a bit higher than the stock quad cap.
Harpy

Postby pmarcin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 am

Add the two diodes on the rectifier tube to limit inrush current.
pmarcin

Postby Harpy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Yea I have the diodes to do it, but I am using a voltage bucker with knocks my AC down to about 118 ac and a soft start. Would the diodes still be needed?
Harpy

Postby pmarcin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:03 am

Err on the side of caution. Do it. If you don't believe the flare over can occur, install a JJ rectifier. If the fuse doesn't blow within 5 secs, you're a lucky man. Mine did in this exact configuration. Also, Linn(tm) recommends it in their repair manual. *)
pmarcin

Return to poseidon