Where to now?

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

Where to now?

Postby Harpy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:23 pm

I bought some MkIII's off EBay pretty much original. I stripped them down to the bare chassis and rebuilt them using Dynakit parts and the original instruction manual. The only modifications was an SDS Board instead of a quad cap and dual bias control (Dynakit), Cloth transformer wires were cover by Teflon shrink tube. My goal was to build them fairly original and make sure I could get everything to spec and working. Have about 30 hours on them with no issues. No hums, voltage seem good, run cool (after correcting a few boo boos).

Guts missing a few pieces.

Would these be ready for a Poseidon Boards or should other things be done first?
Harpy

Re: Where to now?

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am

Harpy wrote:Would these be ready for a Poseidon Boards or should other things be done first?

Heck, why mess with them at this point? They look nice and they can play music while you are working on a new project. ;)

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Re: Where to now?

Postby Harpy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:42 pm

True enough. Kind of what I was asking in a round about way. I have some Mk IV's I may turn my attention to. One is factory wired the other is a horror show, both stock except for the bias and quad caps. They are magic on my speakers, but I think the speakers are sucking all the power out of them (82db) and they very run hot. Anyway, thanks for the advice.
Harpy

Return to poseidon