R15 trim pot

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

R15 trim pot

Postby JW34 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Is it O.K. to mount the R15 on the bottom of the Poseidon borad instead of the top? I don't see why not but I just want to be sure.

Thanks,

Jay
JW34

Postby Ty_Bower » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:48 pm

It will work fine either on top or on bottom, but won't it be hard to adjust it if you put it underneath? I like to be able to adjust mine while the amp is running. I'm not keen to flip a twenty-eight pound Mk3 on its side while it's running.
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby JW34 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:54 pm

These boards are mounted under the chassis. So I didn't want to drill a hole from above to get to R15.

What would you do? Should I just go ahead and drill a hole from the top to get to it?

I want to solder this up tonight and get everything mounted by tomarrow with the possibility of posting pics here soon.

Thanks,

Jay
JW34

Postby Ty_Bower » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:05 pm

In all likelihood, after the first twenty hours or so you'll probably never have to adjust R15 until you replace the tubes. I'd probably just stick it underneath as you had originally planned, and deal with flipping the amp on its side for the initial biasing.
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby JW34 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks Ty.

Jay
JW34

Return to poseidon