Differences in driver baord between Triode and Poseidon

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

Differences in driver baord between Triode and Poseidon

Postby justinsweber » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Sorry this is again a newbee queston.

I have 2 different setups.

The 1st is a MKIV, Triode Electronics Driver baord, using 2 JJ12ux7 tubes, 1 JJGZ34, and EL34.

I have several incarnations of this... But... MKIII, Poseiden driver board, 1 JJ 12AX7, 1 JJ 12UX7, JJ GZ34, JJKT88.

It seems the MKIV is consistanly louder/ seeming more powerful at lower levels of gain, and has more headroom than the MKIIIs... Can someone give me some insight...

I really am trying to understand. I know the MKIII should have more wattage, but it seems by earnthe MKIV is more powerful.

I have a grand total of 4 MKIII (2 new irons from Triode, 2 old ones...) and man is there a learnign curve... working on old trucks seems easier now!

Thankx for any input.
justinsweber

Postby justinsweber » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Just to clairify... I am in no way putting down the Poseidon baords... I find the level of documentation and flexibility wonderful... I recived some NOS 6GH8A tubes, and Im sure with some help I coudl make use... this kind of flexibility is what I was/am looking for... just trying to understand more of mechanics/dynamics involved. (Im still tryin to learn to read these diagrams and understand the basics).

I forgot to add the I am using either C.Chong cap boards or SDS boards... The MKIV uses a C.Chong Baord and 2 of the MKIII setups do as well.
justinsweber

Return to poseidon