expected output in watts

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

expected output in watts

Postby justinsweber » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Dumb question but... I just finished build my 1st pair of MKIIIs with the DIY driver I got from Triode... what does the output become....? Just curious.
justinsweber

Postby TomMcNally » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:23 am

The MK-III's should be 50 to 60 watts. How do they sound ?
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Postby justinsweber » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:47 am

They sound amazing... Im using DIY board and them Mr Chong's cap board/bias cap and fuse board... Both really nice pieces... I had read that the DIY baord ran in Triode mode thus cliping output substantially... Did I miss understand?
justinsweber

Postby Ty_Bower » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:00 pm

The Poseidon board is an all triode front end, but the power tubes are shown in the manual as wired for ultralinear operation. You could still rewire the outputs for triode operation if you wanted, but that isn't explicitly spelled out in the manual.
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby justinsweber » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Ok... so if I understand things correctly... I shoudl be outputting something close to 50 or 60 watts even though the front end is Triodal?

I wired up my MKIV with Triode Electronics upgrade board... and it seems to be stronger... maybe its just teh pieces ive played on them.

Thank you for the replies... Im fairly new... so al this help is niec.

Justin
justinsweber

Return to poseidon