New Poseidons

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

New Poseidons

Postby WA4SWJ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Just finished two monoblocks based on Shannon's poseidon drivers. Nice wood bases, OPT's from Eric. They are clones of the Eico HF89 OPT's that I bought from him a couple of years ago. Just getting around to using them. Wish I had done it sooner! They sound fantastic. Very powerful and fantastic bass as well as a great top end. The top and bottom panels are anodized aluminum from Front Panel Express. They did a beautiful job! The bases are from Wellborne Labs, but I would not recommend ordering from him. Making your own would be less risky.

I don't have internal pictures yet, but the insides aren't as pretty as the outsides as is typical for me. Overall I'm very pleased with their external looks and most importantly their performance.

There are more pictures where this one is stored. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Regards,
Ed Long
WA4SWJ
KT88

Postby TomMcNally » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Nice job Ed ! Those Front Panel Express tops really give it
a professional look. I built a pair with Soundtastick chassis,
and they definitely kicked azz !
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Postby WA4SWJ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 am

Tom,

Thanks! I was cranking these up yesterday and man they are fantastic. Those OPT's are great. Just finished the wood yesterday and I'm waiting for it to dry before doing the finishing touches. These should be in place for a long time.
Ed Long
WA4SWJ
KT88

Return to poseidon