Advice on ss rectification

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

Advice on ss rectification

Postby garyb » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi, I am going to convert a pair of poseidon to ss rectification using the Sheldon Stokes cap boards.
I've done this conversion with the ST-70. Will diodes on the cap board + a CL90 on the primary be enough?
Any tips will be most welcome.
Gary
garyb

ss rect.?

Postby hilldweller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:58 am

Analog is Real! Experience it!
Digital leads to trans humanism. Not good.
hilldweller
KT88

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:17 am

The stock Poseidon circuit was designed to support the higher B+ voltages you'll see. Just make sure you set the bias as low as you can go before you change over, to prevent any runaway tubes before you get the bias set correctly. You <might> need to make adjustments to the bias circuit to get the tubes to bias low enough after the change, but I think you will need no changes.
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby Ty_Bower » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:55 am

You might want to think about mounting the diodes in a tube base, instead of soldering them to the SDS cap board. Then you can easily go back and forth between SS and tube rectified just by swapping your tube-base-diode gizmo for a 5AR4.
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby garyb » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Howdy, thanks for the help. The Poseidons are working fine with plenty of room for bias adjustment.
Cap board diodes and CL90s make for a low cost conversion that is easy to reverse if needed.
Again I want to thank everyone for your help; this site has been a great resource of info and will continue to be in the future.
Gary
garyb

Return to poseidon