Poseidon Board Upgrade

for Dynaco Mark II/III/IV and DIY PP monoblocks

Poseidon Board Upgrade

Postby camaroguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:23 am

Hi Guys, new member here. I have a pair of Dynaco MK III's with Triode Electronics driver and cap boards which the previous owner installed about 15 years ago. I would like to be able to match the output tubes and the Poseidon Board was suggested. I got into the DIY electronics hobby about two years ago and have built two Bottlehead preamps among other mods, so I know which end of the soldering iron to hold. My question is would the Poseidon allow me to match tubes and also are instructions provided? Thanks for any info., camaroguy.
camaroguy

Re: Poseidon Board Upgrade

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:07 am

Here's the manual: http://www.diytube.com/unidriver/poseidon.pdf

You'll do the standard bias procedure with the chassis pot, adjusting them until you have near 0.7V (700mV) at each 10 ohm bias resistor, or 70mA per power tube. These wires can be run to bias check locations on the octal socket or tip jacks. Then use your DMM to measure the difference between these two voltages (red lead in one and black lead in the other - no ground reference). Adjust the pot R15 to make this voltage near zero. Re-adjust the main pot if needed. Then you're done!

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to poseidon