REV. E Board

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

REV. E Board

Postby LMAN » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:12 pm

I was just wondering if this has been permanently deferred as the last mention of it I could locate was nearly a year ago.

Lou
Last edited by LMAN on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LMAN

Re: REV. E Board

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:57 pm

The Rev E is still on the back burner, though I need to address it sooner than later. Basically I had started the changes to incorporate the EFB mod, but then stopped it as I wasn't happy with the layout and the changes required for individual biasing. Just two months ago, I revisited the ST35 Rev E and experimented with 1% zener diodes in the biasing circuit in a very similar scheme as the current design. So I think I will go that route so that the board can do the regular resistor scheme or the zener bias scheme (whose dynamic impedance is much lower than the biasing resistors).

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Re: REV. E Board

Postby LMAN » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 pm

I have an urge to build an ST-35 and since I have quite a few 12AX7's and 12AU7's the diytube version is my first choice, but I can't see using the Rev. C boards and kludging the EFB on it (although I would probably kludge EFB on a Rev. D). So it's either wait for Rev. E or use the original Dynaco boards.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Lou
LMAN

Return to stereo 35