Rewiring the DYNA ST-35 as a "mono-block"

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Rewiring the DYNA ST-35 as a "mono-block"

Postby Swede52 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:50 am

Hi all you Dyna addicts!
I'm Bo from Sweden and I own, among lots of other units, three (3) ST-35's of which I have plans of trying to rewire two (2) of them as "mono-blocks". Having been in contact with Kevin @ Dynakit Parts as well as Bob Latino before I start up this project I still have to ask you all if anybody has any experience whatsoever on this? As I see it there is no actual difference - electronically - between rewiring an ST-35 this way from doing it with a ST-70. WHAT would the difference be - in your opinion??? I appreciate ALL replies that will guide me onto the correct track - before I try making something work that evidentially won't - anyway...
Nice to hear from you!
Regards
//"Swede52"
Swede52

Postby Ty_Bower » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Are you trying to build a separate power supply for each channel, and put one channel with its supply on a block?

Or are you trying to parallel the outputs of a normal ST35 amp to get a single channel with roughly double the power?
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Return to stereo 35