Purchased rev D board and Introduction

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Purchased rev D board and Introduction

Postby atwageman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Just ordered a board with parts from Triode Electronics.

After about a 12 year abscence from building hifi tube amps, the urge to build things that glow has gotten the better of me.
Thanks,
August
atwageman

Postby EWBrown » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Welcome a-board! (pun intended)

If you need any help, or have any questions, there's a deep well of knowledge and experience, from which to draw, here on this website..

/ed B in NC (Clay County)
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby atwageman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:35 pm

EWBrown wrote:Welcome a-board! (pun intended)

If you need any help, or have any questions, there's a deep well of knowledge and experience, from which to draw, here on this website..

/ed B in NC (Clay County)

Thank you for the welcome. I've spent the last 2 months digging out my old drawings, books, tube manuals etc. I can thank the wife for renewing my interest in tube hifi. She was doing some fall cleaning and came across 10 boxes of stuff.....all tube related! The best part was in one of the boxes was a 300b stereo amp I had built prior to getting out of diy amps 12 years ago. I've been married 10 years and the whole time my wife had never listened to a tube amp.......until I fired it up. After she heard the sound, she now has little use for transistors. LOL. When I get back into town from a business trip, I will post pics of the amp. It has genuine NOS WE300B's plugged into it. I told the wife we could sell those tubes and buy a small country.
atwageman

Postby TerrySmith » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:09 pm

I've built four Diy-35s, all with different transformer combos, and all worked flawlessly. You will have a great sounding amp that will last for many years!
T. Smith
TerrySmith
KT88

Return to stereo 35