ST-35 photos wanted

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

ST-35 photos wanted

Postby audioregenesis » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm updating my website and need a photo of an ST-35 but don't have one on hand at this time to photograph. I'm looking for an exterior shot, complete with cover, of one that looks stock (from the outside). Preferred perspecitve would be from the side that shows the decal, and slighlty from the left side and above. Similar to the cover picture on the manual. Any ST-35 owners out there that can help me out?

Thanks,
George R.
audioregenesis

Postby Ty_Bower » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:08 pm

"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby Geek » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:52 pm

All wise Goooooogle

http://images.google.ca/images?q=Dynaco+ST-35

Most folks will let you use them if asked.

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

Postby TomMcNally » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Good call Gregg ...

I even found the old Lafayette catalog ad on my own site
I'd forgotten about ... $ 53.95 in kit form in '65 !

There are a few decent pix of mine, but it's modded
with an above chassis PCB for the HV caps.
Use 'em at will.

http://tmamps.com
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Postby Dynacophil » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Have no one in original state. only modified.
"Iss dein Schnitzel, sonst kriegst du keinen Nachtisch
Dynacophil

Postby EWBrown » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I've got an original, unmodified, in excellent condition, ST35 in the cellar, I just have to dig it up, dust it off, and shoot a few photos, then post them here, maybe tomorrow.

Best part is, is that it is only seven years old! As a completed amp, that is; the parts adn pieces are all from the mid-60s. Kinda like reverse "dog years" in this case ;-)

I was given a NOS / NIB unbuilt kit back in 2002, and built it up (after carefully re-forming the multisection can cap).

/ed B
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby TomMcNally » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:50 pm

So what was the kit worth in 2002? hmmmm
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

things happen for a reason...

Postby EWBrown » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:24 am

I had been told by many that the unbuilt kit could have fetched a king's ransom on e-bay or the audio sites, but then if I had just sold it off, then maybe I would have never found this site...

I figure I have received a LOT more from the site here, than just some immediate cash gratification if I had just tossed it to the wolves ;0(.

This amp has all the original Dynaco labelled tubes (7247s and 6BQ5s), no Russian or J/J stuff. 7247s are Mullards, 6BQ5s are US made, prolly RCAs, from their markings.

Looks like I'll have some good natural light (as in it's turning into a nice sunny day), so I'll try to do a photo shoot today.

I still have a couple of all-original PAS3 preamps, as well, complete with the original supplied "Tele-tubies" inside ;-) One was kit-built, the other factory built. Then one really fugly, but still working, PAS2 which came from the local dump swap table, also complete with all four original "Tele-tubies". That was also accompanied with a fairly clean looking HH Scott FM tuner and a somewhat "hacked" Fisher 7189 PP amp, not too shabby for *FREE*...

I also have three other ST35 "carcii" with bad, burnt or broken PC boards, and no tubes, but all of the iron, and the metal are all still in good condition. Yes, I did buy and assemble three sets of fiberglass replacement boards, and the Cyrus Chong PSU upgrade boards. Another project, another year...

/ed B
Last edited by EWBrown on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby EWBrown » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Hot off the press:

Feel free to use it!

Now, here's what's weird, yet another intractable computer (confuser) mystery. I posted the picture to my photo gallery on this website, but if I try to link to that, I get bupkis, just this text link, no photo.

So, I had to export this picture to a third site, then re-link it here. go figure....

Now, let's git nekkid ;-) with a bit of full tubal nudity:

The 7247s are Mullards, and the 6BQ5s are Made in USA , probably RCA's from the look of 'em.

Спасибо

/ed B in NC
Last edited by EWBrown on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby Geek » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Niiiice place you have Ed :-D

Awesome amp pic too.

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-
Fine wine comes in glass bottles, not plastic sacks. Therefore the finer electrons are also found in glass bottles.
Geek
KT88

ST70 Time Warp

Postby msmpe » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 pm

Jeez Looeez! Even the cap can is shiny!! SwEET
8>) Mike

If there's no sound in a vacuum, where'd the music come from?
msmpe
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:20 pm

That's my "standard" against which I compare all new design ST35s.

Hint - the new ones do sound better, as the PSUs are beefier, and there are no crappy ceramic caps in the circuitry. And they don't have four 6BQ5s arguing over, err, sharing a single 95 ohm 5W resistor, which is insufficiently bypassed....

When I first unboxed it, the chassis was covered with a yellowish scuzz which (fortunately) cleaned off rather easily. Must have been something to do with the ( cadmium? ) plating... The tubes were not packed in individual boxes, rather they were wrapped in corrugated cardboard sleeves, and taped together.

I still have the original Dynakit packing box, too!

Спасибо

/ed B in NC
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby Sal Brisindi » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:57 pm

OOps,
I just saw this post, feel free to use any photos I have on my ST-35 page at http://www.tuberadios.com/st35

Regards,
Sal
Sal Brisindi
KT88

Return to stereo 35