370hx wiring help please

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

370hx wiring help please

Postby jono » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi I am getting on fine with my build however i am wiring the 370hx and its got something called a bias tap 50v vio (a wire)on the main secondary.i have my 3 wires red/red,yel/red that go into j1 , what do i do with this extra wire?.Also i take it that it does not matter which red wire goes into j1 1or2 same as greens in 7 and 8 thanks jono
jono

Postby Ty_Bower » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:43 pm

You don't need the bias tap for the ST35. Just carefully trim any exposed wire at the end of the lead, and wrap the end in electrical tape. Make sure it can't short against anything.

The two red leads are equivalent. They need to go to J1, terminals 1 and 2.

The red wire with the yellow stripe goes to J1, terminal 5. I would recommend you skip the (optional) standby switch S2 shown in the assembly manual. It can cause more trouble than it is worth. If you insist on using it, speak up and I can offer some tips as to what I did with my standby switch.

You are correct - the two green wires are the same. Put on on 7 and the other on 8. I think there is a green wire with a yellow stripe, which is the center tap on the 6.3 volt winding. It does not get connected - tape it back like you did with the 50 volt bias lead.

The 370HX also should have a 5 volt winding (yellow wires). Tape them back too.
"It's a different experience; the noise occlusion, crisp, clear sound, and defined powerful bass. Strong bass does not corrupt the higher frequencies, giving a very different overall feel of the sound, one that is, in my opinion, quite unique."
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby jono » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 am

Hello Thanks for helping me out with that I am sure i will have a few more questions in the next couple of days cheers :)
jono

Return to stereo 35