Hello

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Hello

Postby jono » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:02 am

Hi What a great place this is ! I stumbled on your site on my searching, I have been reading etc about how to build a valve amp for months i have alot of time on my hands and need somthing to exercise my brain ,i even had a go at renovating a old heathkit i got off ebay it sort of worked but i do not have the skills to sort it out that can be done at a later date.... I intend to make a st35 i am bound to need help and advise from sombody I am sorry but some of my question will be very basic as i no next to nothing . I have the pcb (rev d )from triode and all small parts from mouser ,the transformers i will get next month thats when i intend to build it .thanks regards jono
jono

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:33 am

Ask away when ready, Jono! We won't tease you too much. ;) Don't hesitate to peruse the old posts either. Lots of good stuff in there.
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby nyazzip » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:08 pm

hey jono
i managed to build my ST-35 kit (also from triode) in about 2 evenings, with literally zero electronics knowlege, and zero soldering skills. somehow, with help from these kind and stunningly knowlegable folks, my ST-35 worked right off the bat(er, cricket paddle), and still does.
i wouldn't mind going back and maybe re-twisting some wires, just for tweaker's sake, but aside from that, the build is really a cinch. and i have exactly zero complaints about my build. i guess the only differences would be the operating line voltage; i presume you intend your ST-35 to operate in europe....
my only stumbling block was a lack of concise photos and diagrams, because words, techno-jargon, and schematics do little for me in this type of situation.
in short, i could probably give you dummy advice that is just too damned obvious and stupid for the literate folks to even think about in here, if you like...
any advice beyond that, well, just dismiss it.
<i>the poor craftsman blames his tools</i>
nyazzip
KT88

Postby jono » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:35 am

Hi Thanks guys, my family tease , will get my own back when i start playing my old record collection. :) yes i intend to use with 240 volts looked at old posts dont think there will be any problems and am intending to house it in an old wooden cutlery box
jono

Return to stereo 35