Extra stuff on thumbnails?

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Extra stuff on thumbnails?

Postby MLVA123 » Fri May 23, 2003 4:50 am

OK, so when I was doing the chassis work over at a friend's house, we downloaded a few of Shannon's construction "thumbnail pics" onto his laptop in his kitchen, then took the laptop out the workshop. As we were doing our layouts, I noticed the extra pair of jacks on the back of Shannon's chassis and the extra toggle switch on the front. Hmmmm we said, wonder what that is for? After a long day of drawing and drilling, when I got home I checked out the site again, looking at the full suite of thumbnail pics and surmised that what Shannon had done was put in an extra set of switchable inputs... am I right? Has anyone else come up with interesting modifications?

-Michael
Mike
Tube Noob
MLVA123

More features

Postby EWBrown » Tue May 27, 2003 4:43 pm

I'm keeping to the KISS mode for my first DIY35. The only addition is a
dual ALPS 100K volume pot, that can be easily bypassed, if needed. I'm also just sticking with 8 ohm outputs for the time being, two less holes and I don't have any decent 4 ohm speakers to feed, anyway. I also added one extra fuse holder for storing a "spare" fuse, or possibly protecting the HVDC to OPTs, if the muse moves me.

When I do get "around tuit" to the second unit, on a larger steel chassis, then I may add features and get experimental.

Until then, Keep It Simple.......

/ed Browm in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

thumbnails

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu May 29, 2003 9:10 pm

Those extra holes are indeed for switchable inputs - a poor man's integrated, as it were. Those pics aren't my amp, by the way, but some provided to me by a pair of fine fellows. I just got sent a whole new stash of pictures from them and will get those up soon. This second set incorporates the Hammond trannies.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to stereo 35