Zenith PP 6bq5 P.T. wiriing

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Zenith PP 6bq5 P.T. wiriing

Postby aric » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:39 am

Hello All, I'm fresh out of the wrapper to this forum and frst wanted to say "Hello". I recently purchase a Zenith PP 6bq5 Stereo amp with (2) 12ax's and a 5u4 rectifier. Infortunately the model number label has been removed, and I'm trying to find a schematic for it. The isseu is there was a long umbilical cable which carried signal and power to/from the preamp chassis (which I don't have). I was able to locate signal and I cut the rest of the wires off at thge amp (bad idea I know). I checked them first to make sure they were'nt connected to anything else but the molex plug, and cut where they connected to the tagboard in the amp. My problem now is that the unit won't power up and upon closer inspection, it seems like the black primaries for the P.T. are not hooked up to anything. To make matters more bizarre, the hot lead from the fuse goes right to a pin on the rectifier, the other goes to a "white/ black" wire on the P.T. I tried jumping the mains over to the black P.T. wires and I pop the fuse immediately. I have included a couple of pics of the amp, 1) to see if anyone recognizes it, and 2) so you can see the internal connections to the 5u4 socket. If anyone can heolp me get this beast wired up right, I would love it! Thanks in advacne for any help and best regards, Aric

P.S. I have the pics but cannot figure out how to attatch them at this point.[/img]
aric

Postby Ty_Bower » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:06 pm

Try hosting the original photo at a site like Photobucket.com. Make an account, click on the links to upload your pictures, check the box under your uploaded photo, then press the button at the bottom labelled "Generate HTML and IMG code". Then copy the link in the box titled "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" and paste it into your reply.
Ty_Bower
KT88

Postby aric » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Thanks very much for the info! I'll try it out and post back in the next couple of days. Best regards, Aric :)
aric

Postby aric » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:22 pm

I enhded up selling the unit with a description of the problem, so the new buyer was aware. Thanks for the response, Aric Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_11
aric

Return to stereo 35