Drill Dimensions BETA

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Drill Dimensions BETA

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu May 15, 2003 7:29 pm

http://www.diytube.com/drilldims.pdf

I've checked the dims on this a couple times, and may do it once again. Early adopters you have been warned! :) Feedback will be appreciated.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby MLVA123 » Fri May 16, 2003 4:51 am

Looks good Shannon - you are quite the draftsman!
I'll give this a try on Saturday and let you have any feedback that I come up with.

-Michael
MLVA123

drill template

Postby Shannon Parks » Fri May 16, 2003 6:43 am

Thanks, Michael!
BTW, some may wonder why I just don't edit the drill drawing on my gerber file and release that (which would be a good question). Unfortunately, a couple reasons prevent that.
The silkscreen side hangs under the top of the chassis, thus flipping or mirroring all the dimensions. My layout software won't let me flip the image, so I just wrote down all the dims and calculated the template dim (subtracted the X axis from 10.250"). This wouldn't have been a problem if the board layout was perfectly symmetrical, but that will wait for Rev C - if that ever happens! :)
The second holdup was no centered hole dimension for the sockets, and my footprint reference point was based on pin 1 instead of their center point. Doh!
So that's the story. I'm learning anyhow. There are those who have, and those who will.
Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Nice!

Postby EWBrown » Fri May 16, 2003 10:46 am

Nice drawing! I'll print it out and get to work....

For the original "silk screen" data, would printing it out as a transparency and then flipping it over work? Just a thought....

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

drill drawing (dims only, not to scale!)

Postby Shannon Parks » Fri May 16, 2003 11:22 am

Ed,
If I could print to scale that would work, though I still wouldn't have socket centers. But the drawing isn't to scale anyhow - just for dim reference.

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Return to stereo 35