Postby joeriz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Herman,

Gorgeous amp! Well done!

Joe
joeriz

Wow...

Postby DerekVa » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 am

Herman, that is amazing!

Did you do the transformer cover as a one-off or was it another piece of 'found' art like the cutlery tray?

(I think I'm going to have to pay a visit to Bed, Bath & Beyond ASAP!)

-Derek
DerekVa

Postby EWBrown » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 am

Very nice, a true example of superb craftsmanship!

I also loke your test bench, it's better equipped than what we have here at work :o Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_08

I was having network glitches yesterday, so the photos were s-l-o-w downloading, but they all came through fast today...

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby BobW » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:34 am

To all of you that have commented on Herman's amp. I wanted to thank you all for your compliments and let you know that I will be helping Herman with this forum and that he is still on dial-up. Herman has not been as active on the Internet as most of us have and it may take him a little time to come up to speed. With your patience I hope Herman will be able to post here soon.
BobW

Postby DerekVa » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:41 am

Bob - do you know offhand if Herman machined that sweet transformer cover or was it something he adapted? I'm really thinking I need to copy his design - would have a very high WAF...

-D
DerekVa

Postby BobW » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Derek,

This transformer cover is custom and is stainless.
BobW

Postby DerekVa » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 pm

BobW wrote:Derek,

This transformer cover is custom and is stainless.

I was afraid of this. Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_13

Curse my lack of a machine shop and inadequate machining skills!

-D
DerekVa

Thanks to all

Postby HermanB » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:51 pm

Tom,Lee,Ed,Don,Ty,Joe,Derek,E.W.

Thanks for tshe comments-ihave had some practice with some that did not work. Bob and I have been playihg round for several years once a week for several year A lot of ideas, some work and some donot! Tom my shop has taken many years fo hamconventions and flea makets, looking for good gear. There have been a lot of ham xmitters go across the bench and ampflier etc/ I had the opportunity durubg the war to go thru the Navy et school for 8-1/2 months and from then on nodulll moments. I made abt 10 war patrols in the Pafific Area. Well many thanks for the thoughts on the Amp.
HermanB

Re: Thanks to all

Postby DerekVa » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:47 am

HermanB wrote:Tom,Lee,Ed,Don,Ty,Joe,Derek,E.W.

Thanks for tshe comments-ihave had some practice with some that did not work. Bob and I have been playihg round for several years once a week for several year A lot of ideas, some work and some donot! Tom my shop has taken many years fo hamconventions and flea makets, looking for good gear. There have been a lot of ham xmitters go across the bench and ampflier etc/ I had the opportunity durubg the war to go thru the Navy et school for 8-1/2 months and from then on nodulll moments. I made abt 10 war patrols in the Pafific Area. Well many thanks for the thoughts on the Amp.

Herman - speaking as someone who's father is also a WWII vet (Army 1940-45), I want to thank you for your service. I'm glad to see that your training at the hands of Uncle Sam helped you with your hobby!

-D
DerekVa

Previous

Return to stereo 35