Its ALIVE !

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Postby SteveH » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Tom,
Thanks again. I bought some stuff from Handmade before - I will have to see if he has the values I need for my crossovers as well so I can meet the min order price.

-Steve
SteveH
KT88

Postby EWBrown » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:58 am

368VDC B+ is in the ballpark (I've seen anything from 350 to almost 390VDC in some of my amps, depends on PT, linne voltage / time of day issues, phase of the moon, etc Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_07

What value for the 1W resistor are you using, sometimes 470 ohms is too low, (depends on the tube manufactureres, some tend to run "hotter" than others)you may have to change to 510 or 560 ohms, there is enough built in lattitude with the adjuatment, that 560 ohms should be good to go. 38 mA isn't going to kill the tubes, you can get away woth 40 mA or even a tad more if the PT can handle the total current load.

Nice looking amp! Definitely, MV rectifiers have to be vertical for proper operation, but apparently no one told the Hickok tube tster company that...

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby SteveH » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:46 am

Guys,
Ok, I ordered up both cap values; so we'll see which one works best. Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week (unfortunately handmade didn't have the values of other items I needed - so I couldn't meet the $14 min)....So maybe tunes w/o frying the amp by the weekend ?

Thanks,
Steve
SteveH
KT88

Previous

Return to stereo 35