Latest finish

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

Latest finish

Postby dhuebert » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:57 pm

This is my latest garage amp. The wood base is a funny story, I told my cabinet maker I wanted something to go around three sides. I was thinking front and two sides, he had a different idea as you can see. When I first saw the wood I told him to start again, but he insisted it was my mistake. Well I put the chassis in the base and was so pleased I paid him right away. In my opinion this is the nicest execution I've seen. A lucky mistake. Now all I need is a DiyTube logo to go in the lower left corner in the front. Shannon can you make a sticker like the upper left here for my amp?

The car in the background is a 1959 Volkswagen T115 or Canadian standard sunroof, a rare but not valuable car. Along with amp building another winter project.

Don
Last edited by dhuebert on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dhuebert
KT88

Postby SteveH » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:39 am

Congrats ! The wood is different; and absolutely brilliant ! I really like the idea..

Regards,
Steve
SteveH
KT88

Re: Latest finish

Postby Shannon Parks » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:57 am

dhuebert wrote:Now all I need is a DiyTube logo to go in the lower left corner in the front. Shannon can you make a sticker like the upper left here for my amp?

I'll post the logo later today that I created for the Soundtastick chassis. It could be scaled to size and then printed on a laser printer. Certainly Office Max has some type of clear, printable sticky sheets? Maybe I'll get a quote on some custom labels from Maverick Label.

Now we just need some half naked ladies with the car and tube amp (ala Bottlehead). Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_03 A few times I've been surfing at Bottlehead's site and the wife walked in asking what the heck I was looking at. :o
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby EWBrown » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 am

I've noticed over at Bottlehead, that the newest products no longer have the "artistic accesories" on display... :o
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Nice Work!

Postby leadtower » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:25 am

Is the bottom open? It looks like the wood chassis covers the bottom also. How do you get to the bias pots?

The Bottlehead photos really got serious for a while there. I tried to get my sweetie to pose with my amps but; ..no go.
leadtower

Postby dhuebert » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:57 am

How do you get to the bias pots?

These tubes have been running for ~ 3 yrs, they're pretty stable so it was set it and forget it. But yes it is closed on the bottom.

The wood is different; and absolutely brilliant ! I really like the idea..

My cabinet maker is a genius, don't let him hear you say that though...
Even his mistakes are brilliant!

Don
dhuebert
KT88

Postby TomMcNally » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Shannon -

Solid labels would be nice - especially useful for covering mistakes in drilling. haha
TomMcNally
Darling du Jour

Postby Shannon Parks » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:50 am

For DIY label makers (right click and save image):

Shannon Parks
Site Admin

Postby EWBrown » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:05 am

I've been using some stick on "Made in the USA" (with a US flag background) labels that they use here at work, they make nice drilling error and blemish cover-ups Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_01 Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_02 I think of them as band-aids for booboos Yellow_Light_Colorz_PDT_06

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Postby cedricb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 am

I'm just wondering if someone has the "diytube" logo in SVG or HPGL; so I can use it in FPD
cedricb

Postby MashBill » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:47 pm

cedricb wrote:I'm just wondering if someone has the "diytube" logo in SVG or HPGL; so I can use it in FPD

+1!
MashBill

DIY DIYTUBE LOGO

Postby highlander52 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Try this in FPD:

Create an engraving object rectangle (two buttons to the right of the engraved text button) with these parameters

rectangle
width .75
height .28
corner radius .14
check the Use tool diameter box
select .8mm tool
(position absolute @ x: .87; y: 1.135; Length: 1.6193) angle says 44.5 but I don't think it will matter

Next create text engraving with these parameters
diytube
text height .15
x-scaling .75
line spacing 1.5
Font bold, 7 stroke
engraving tool .2mm
(position absolute @ x: .87 ; y: 1.15; Length 1.442) angle says 52.89 but I don't think it will matter

Use the select (arrow button) to select both objects then right click select grouping then right click again create macro object then save it in category-user.

You can also use Helvetica bold with slightly different x scaling and position values if that looks better to you.

It's not an absolutely perfect match but very close. HTH.

Just realized how small this will be so you may have to use different values if you would like a bigger logo.
highlander52

Return to stereo 35