diytube stereo 35 board template

for the DIY ST35, the Dynakit and every other PP EL84

diytube stereo 35 board template

Postby Shannon Parks » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:46 am

I thought I had posted this before, mea culpa. On my last punch job, I used the 25mm punch from Ned's kit for the input tubes and the 30mm for the power tubes.

Print it to scale with Adobe - the outside board measurements are an idiot check that you did this successfully. :mrgreen:

www.diytube.com/templates/st35template_revB.pdf

Shannon
Shannon Parks
Site Admin

template

Postby EWBrown » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:06 am

I used this template on a 13" X 9" plate I had laying around, using 7/8 dia
Greenlee "knockout" punch for the six tube holes. On a previously assembled PCB, I had one tube socket a slight bit off center, on the next "virgin" board, I used thie plate as a centering jig foor the tube sockets, and soldered them in once they were all centered perfectly.
This plate also accomodates two Z-565 OPTs and a PA-774 replacement trannie from Triode, with plenty of room to spare. This will eventually be mounted on a nice brazilian redwood base (left over pieces from a friend's deck project). I am pondering sending the plate out to be chromed through a local motorcycle parts shop. If not that, then I'll paint it with some high gloss enamel instead.
The 13x9 plate allows for easier assembly than my first pass of fitting it all on a 12X8 chassis with Hammond 1650Fs and 272FX. That was a real tight fit. THat one, I used the 1" dia punch for the tubes, to allow for some ventilation and my less than perfect metal working skills.

/ed B in NH
Real Radios Glow in the Dark
EWBrown
Insulator & Iron Magnate

Return to stereo 35